Hey loves <3
Happy Fall! There’s just something wonderful about fall. The leaves begin to change colors, the city becomes engulfed in pumpkin fever (pumpkin patches, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie…), and there’s a nice chill transition in the weather. I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin, but I love apples! If you love cake, apples, are tired of pumpkin fever everywhere, or just looking for an easy delicious recipe – this is for you!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 green apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Separate egg yolks from egg whites into 2 separate bowls.
2. Mix the egg yolks and whites separately (still keeping them in their separate bowls).
3. Mix the egg yolks with sugar until the sugar is evenly dispersed throughout the yolk. (It’s normal if the mixture looks grainy.)
4. Mix in flour incrementally. By this, I mean a little at a time while mixing until you have poured in all the flour. If you are using a whisk, you won’t need it after this step.
5. Skin the apples and chop them up into thin slices. Mix the chopped apple slices with cinnamon in a separate bowl.
6. Add the apples by folding them into the egg yolk mix. You don’t want to smush the apples and want them to stay intact while mixing.
7. Mix in the egg whites into the mixture as well until the mixture becomes an even consistency.
8. Pour the mix into a baking pan.
9. Spread out the mixture evenly and bake at 395 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
10. Take out, serve, and enjoy!
Behind This Recipe
I learned this recipe from M’s mom and have tried this recipe twice now! The first time I made it, I had a little mix up with adding the sugar to the whites instead of the yolks and overbaked the cake leading it to be a tad dryer than it was supposed to be. Don’t be like me and confuse the steps! The second time ended up being the charm for me. The cake turned out nicely sweet and moist!
I love sharing recipes like this the most and hope you enjoy this one too! Let me know in the comments how your cake turns out!
Show <3 if you would like to see more recipes like this.
Until next time,